What should I do if I made a mistake on a journal entry and need to correct it?

If you HAVE NOT already electronically notified anyone of the journal entry, you may modify the journal entry.
Login to MySlice > Click on Journal Entry in the Financial Services pagelet > Click on the tab Find an Existing Value

Find Existing Journal Entry

If you HAVE already electronically notified someone of the journal entry, you must email General Accounting as well as CC: the impacted area (the person you notified) and request that the correction be made. The correction will be made (if deemed appropriate) and General Accounting will then notify all parties involved to approve the updated journal before posting.

If the entry has been posted, then a new correcting entry should be made.