In order to obtain access to the Financials Systems, you must enter a FAST Request.
Your Budget Manager and/or Grants Director should complete the FAST Access Request form to be given to your Information Coordinator (IC) with the data needed to request access to the FAB system, which includes access to the FAB repository in My Reports. All access must be approved by the Budget Manager of the area to which access is being granted. The employee disclosure form must already be signed and on file with the IC.
The IC then enters the FAST request:
- Login to FirstStep Single Sign-On
- Click on the Button for FAST SSO Admin
- Click on the Menu item for Request Maintenance – Requestor
- Click on the Add Button
- Type in the login id of the person who is requesting access
- Select the connection: Prod PS9.1 FAB – Campus USE
- Click on the button for Page 2 (not Page 2 Big)
- Fill in the Request Information Section completely using the information you received from the Budget Manager or Grant Director from the FAST Access Request Form:
- Department Number(s)
- Program Number(s)
- Account Type(s) – revenues, expenses, assets and/or liabilities
- Payroll Expenses (Note: This does not give access to the payroll system)
- Exempt and/or Non-exempt payroll expenses
- Project Number(s)
- Select the appropriate privilege(s) needed. An ‘A’ will appear in the white box next to the privilege.
Visit the Financial Authority Overview page for a listing of privilege access descriptions.
10. In the Requestor Comment box, enter the Date and Your Initials and any additional comments or notes you’d like to communicate to the Data Custodian.
The FAST request will be reviewed by the appropriate Data Custodian(s). Once approved, the access will typically be available the next business day.