Who needs to do this? Anyone requesting or inputing a journal entry, ePro requisition, purchase order, reimbursement, iJan, payroll adjustment, item type, or making an adjustment for effort certification.
Staff need to identify the appropriate Fund, Department, Program, and Account information in order to complete financial transactions or verify that a transaction is appropriate for charges not related to a sponsored program.
Staff need to identify the additional chartfields: Project, Activity, and Budget Reference in order to complete financial transactions or verify that a transaction is appropriate for sponsored funds.
How to find the appropriate chartfields for your Chartstring?:
1- The following chartfield/Chartstring listing reports are available in My Reports FAB Repository:
- Account Listing – All Asset, Liability, Revenue, and Expense accounts
- Chartstring Listing – VALID Fund, Department, and Program combinations
- Department Listing – All departments
- Mycode Listing – All mycodes
- Non-Sponsored Restricted Listing – All Gift and Endowment Funded programs with Donor restrictions
- Program Account Combinations – VALIID Program and Account combinations
- Sponsored Chartstring Listing – VALID Project, Activity, and Budget Reference combinations
2- A detailed description is available for selected Account values for frequently used Accounts:
3- You can find chartfield values when entering a journal in PeopleSoft:
- Enter your header information
- Go to the lines tab
- When entering any chartfield information a magnifying glass is available to view all active values for that chartfield
GL Journal Chartfields