Tax Reporting and Analysis is the department within the Comptroller’s Office that is responsible for the following:
- Preparation of University’s annual federal and state income tax returns – Forms 990, 990-T and CT-13.
- Ensuring and maintaining compliance with federal, state and local regulations and/or laws for unrelated business income, private business use calculation for tax exempt bonds and real property tax exemption.
- Analysis of tax implications relative to external rates charged by University departments for provision of goods and/or services to unrelated parties.
- Preparation of federal excise and NYS sales tax refund returns on fuel purchases.
- Ensuring and maintaining compliance with state registration requirements for the University as a whole.
- Performing research on tax issues.
124 Skytop Office Building
Monday – Friday 8:30 to 5:00
|Lisa Cotanch||Director Tax Reporting & Financial Projects|
|Sobhag J. Rana||Senior Tax Accountant|