General Accounting is the department within the Comptroller’s Office that is responsible for the following:
- Establishing new unrestricted Chartstrings to record University transactions.
- Maintaining the University’s General Ledger.
- Posting of journal entries entered to the General Ledger.
- Review of balance sheet account reconciliations for the schools and colleges. Please note the other BFAS units
such as Treasurer’s Office, Auxiliary Services, and Risk Management manage their own account reconciliation process.
- Obtain, review, and prepare reconciliations of University Chartstrings, including all operating bank accounts.
- Establish deadlines and coordinate fiscal year end closing.
- Provision of financial reports and information to campus departments to assist in maintaining and managing budgets.
- Provision of financial transaction oversight to ensure compliance with applicable policies and regulations, both internal to the University and external.
640 Skytop Rd., Mobile Unit #2
Syracuse, NY 13244
Phone: (315) 443-2522
Fax: (315) 443-2676
Monday – Friday 8:30 to 5:00
Summer Hours: 8:00 to 4:30
|Associate Comptroller||Michael A. Paparo|
|Senior Accountant||Margaret Miles|
|Office Supervisor II||Barbara Fuller|
|Accounting Analyst||Leanne Marie Harper|
|Accounting Analyst||Virginia Zhao|