The Comptroller’s Office supports the University’s mission by providing effective accounting systems and processes to monitor and assess the financial position and internal controls of the University and its related affiliates. This Office provides support to campus through accurate and timely financial information, facilitates policy formulation to enhance financial integrity, and develops strategies for implementing the University’s initiatives ensuring quality and cost effectiveness.
The Comptroller’s Office has primary responsibility for:
- The development of financial accounting and related policies to control and safeguard University assets.
- The billing and collection of student accounts.
- The preparation of the University’s annual audited financial statements.
- The preparation of the University’s annual 990 and 990-T tax returns.
- Ensuring compliance with federal, state and local tax regulations.
- The financial oversight and administration of the University’s sponsored awards.
- Processing salary and compensation to employees.
- Processing payments to external vendors, students, and employees.
- Providing sound leadership, direction and oversight for the acquisition, leasing, management and disposition of University real property both domestic and worldwide.
The Office of the Comptroller consists of the following departments:
- Comptroller’s Office – Jean Gallipeau
- Disbursements Processing – Brian Pendergast
- Financial Reporting and Analysis – Michael Paparo
- Financial Systems Management – Carolyn Hoare
- General Accounting – Michael Paparo
- Payroll Service Center – Brian Pendergast
- Purchasing – Jean Gallipeau
- Sponsored Accounting – Michael Paparo
- Tax Reporting and Analysis – Lisa Cotanch
122 Skytop Office Building
|Official Office Hours:
Monday – Friday: 8:30 to 5:00
|Jean B. Gallipeau||Comptrolleremail@example.com|
|Missy Collier||Senior Administratorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Michael A. Paparo||Associate Comptrolleremail@example.com|
|Brian Pendergast||Associate Comptrollerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Carolyn Hoare||Director Financial Systems Managementemail@example.com|
|Lisa Cotanch||Director Tax Reporting & Analysisfirstname.lastname@example.org|