Syracuse University is pleased to recommend the following online payment options:
Other payment options:
You may pay by cash or check at either of two convenient Cash Operations locations; 101 Archbold Gymnasium, 230 Schine Student Center or 700 University Ave. (for University College Students during normal business hours). A drop box is available at the Archbold Gymnasium location for payments by check. Please write your student ID number on the check, and include the remittance stub from your Bursar bill. All cash transactions are subject to federal reporting guidelines.
Please do not send cash through the U.S. mail or deposit cash in the drop box
Checks may also be mailed to Syracuse University, P.O. Box 5264, Binghamton, NY 13902-5264. Checks must be made payable to Syracuse University and must be drawn on a U.S. bank, and third-party checks will not be accepted. A $25.00 fee will be charged to your Bursar account for each check that is returned due to insufficient funds. DO NOT OVERNIGHT CHECKS TO OUR PO BOX.
Overnight checks should be mailed to 102 Archbold North, Syracuse NY 13244
- Credit Card and Debit Card
- Using a secure website, you may use your debit or credit card to make a payment on your Bursar account.
- You may use MasterCard, VISA or Discover credit cards or debit cards with a MasterCard/VISA logo.
- IMPORTANT NOTICE: NelNet Business Solutions, an independent third party contractor, accepts payments to the Bursar account and charges a non-refundable convenience fee based on the amount charged. The convenience fee is 2.7% of the amount charged. This fee is established and charged solely by NelNet Business Solutions and not by the University. The convenience fee is paid in full to and retained by NelNet Business Solutions; the University does not receive any of this fee. The charge for the convenience fee will appear separately from the payment on your credit card statement.
- Please refer to your Bursar bill for the amount due. Online payments can take up to 2 business days to post to the student account. Please plan accordingly.
Click here to pay by Credit or Debit Card
- Wire Transfer
Reference: (include your student ID number)
You may authorize your banking institution to transfer funds through the Federal Reserve (U.S. banks) or the SWIFT system (foreign banks), in accordance with the following instructions:
New York, NY
Credit: Syracuse University
Account #: 018-000-1182 ATTN: Upstate Syracuse Account
SWIFT Code: CHASUS33 (required for foreign banks only)
NEW! International Student Payment Option
Syracuse University has partnered with Western Union Business Solutions for international student payments. Students will benefit from competitive exchange rates and lower bank fees.
Click here to pay by International wire transfer
You can view an informational video on how this service works by clicking here.